Monday, September 10, 2012

spider wreath

So. Crafting pretty much came to a complete halt in my house this summer, hence the blog silence. For whatever reason, it just didn't happen. But now that fall ~ my favorite season ~ is here, I have ideas for some things that I will be posting about in the next little while.

First, this cute spider wreath!

The silver web part is a placemat I saw at Z Gallerie a few weeks ago and it just screamed Halloween to me. I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do with it when I bought it, but I knew I wanted to think of something and it didn't take long to decide on the wreath idea. Who doesn't need a new wreath, right?


The spider is from Tai Pan and I love that it has a little bit of a glam look to go with the silver web.


So basically all I did was wrap some strips of black fabric from my stash around a styrofoam wreath and then hot glued the placemat to the back and trimmed the edges. The spider is stuck on with some clear thread and hot glue. 

That's it! Simple to do, and I love how it turned out!

Linked to