The last time I posted about my guest bathroom it still had quite a bit of work that needed to be done, but I'm happy to report that I've made some good progress. It's not all done, but close. I painted over the circus tent stripes, I filled in the nail holes on the baseboards and painted them, and I refinished the vanity! Changing the vanity really made a big difference in the bathroom.
Here's what it used to look like
And here it is now!
I sanded, primed, painted it a bright glossy white, and added these knobs.
While I was waiting for paint to dry, I started on the bathtub cleanup by pulling off that nasty strip of plastic someone had stuck along the edge of the tub. I'm baffled by it. You would think the purpose would be to keep water out of the gap between the tub and the tile, but then they also put caulk along the bottom edge. I have no idea. And it obviously did not seal the edge because you can see that there's mold under it.
All I know is NASTY. That mold is what was peaking out from under the strip. It was easy to pull off, but now I see a lot of scraping and bleach in my near future. I'm hoping with the mold gone and some new caulk it will look clean again.
But for now, the vanity is looking good and it gives the bathroom such a clean and bright feeling. I'll leave you with this pretty picture so you can get the moldy one out of your mind.
I'm loving it!