Thursday, February 23, 2012

travel mantel

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have a trip to Ireland coming up {next week!} and after Valentine's Day I decided to decorate my mantel with some things I've accumulated in my travels.

This is one of my favorite quotes about travel, and it's on a map of one of my very favorite cities ~ London.

I spent 2 semesters in Hawaii during college and I have lots of things that remind me of my time there. That sand is from a beach on the North Shore of Oahu, and the wood block was carved for me by a friend there.

Silk scroll of the Great Wall of China, bought in Beijing

This tree branch was hand painted on a very thin...like tissue paper thin... piece of silk. I bought it in Suzhou, China.

The crystal globe is from Prague, and the Eiffel Tower is, obviously, from Paris :)

I'm loving this little tribute to my world travels and can't wait for my next adventure.
Countdown ~ 8 days!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so perfect!! I love it. And, I love the idea of doing a travel mantel. I may have to borrow your idea for one of my mantels one of these days ;-)

PS. I'm following you on linky now!