Thursday, November 8, 2012

Christmas card pinboard

If you're like me, finding a way to display all the Christmas cards that come in the mail is always a challenge. I want to have them out during the Christmas season, but I don't want them to look messy or compete with my Christmas decor.

 I recently ordered a custom frame that came with two pieces of foam board as part of the packaging, and I kept them knowing I could use them for something. 

I decided to use them to make a board to pin Christmas cards to, so I went to the fabric store looking for some Christmas fabric to cover them with and ended up with a green print that isn't necessarily for Christmas, but I liked that it has a pattern without being too busy once all the cards are pinned to it. 

When I got home, I realized it would be cute to make the board into a Christmas tree! Between the two boards I was able to get three pieces that are 20", 15", and 10". I just cut them with my exacto knife.

When I set them out like this I realized that depending on the colors you choose and how you decorate it, it would be cute as a snowman or a stack of presents too!

Then I just cut out pieces of fabric a little bit bigger than the boards and hot glued them on. To make clean looking corners, I glued the corner of the fabric to the board first and then glued each side.



Then I glued ribbon to the back to hold them all together.

And finally tied a bow at the top to hang it on the wall.

Right now the red pins look like ornaments, and once the Christmas cards start coming in they will be used to pin them to the board!

I love getting Christmas cards in the mail, and I think this will be the perfect way to display them this year!

Linked to

No comments: