Monday, November 5, 2012

my grandma the hoarder...and a green pedestal bowl

This was one of those projects that you just do on a whim when you really should be doing about a hundred other things. I had a list of things I wanted to get done, but when this idea hit me I dropped everything else and wasted no time getting it done!


I've had this green bowl for a couple of years and I like it but was never quite sure what I wanted to do with it. I got it from my grandma who is a borderline hoarder and you really never know what you're going to get when she says she has a gift for you. Sometimes one man's trash is really just trash. But this time I would say I lucked out! 

I thought about gluing the candlestick on and then painting the whole thing white because I'm loving white pedestal bowls right now, but I like the green and wasn't sure I wanted to commit to painting over it. I didn't love the look of a green bowl with a clear candlestick either though, so for a long time the bowl sat in the cupboard. Then the other day the idea hit me to wrap the candlestick in twine, and I knew everything else would have to wait until I got it done!


So...just some E-6000 to glue the bowl to the candlestick, then hot glue and lots of wrapping. The perfect project to work on during Revenge and 666 Park Ave ~ my guilty pleasures :)


It really can be used year round to hold just about anything, but my plan {at least for right now} is to use it in my Christmas decor. The twine is perfect for the rustic theme I'm going for this year, and I love the combination of the twine and pine cones with the smooth and more modern look of the green bowl.  

More rustic Christmas decor ideas coming soon!

Linked to 

1 comment:

Karen at Bargain-ista.com said...

I love this! So special with the bowl from your Grandma! In have been totally in the mood lately to wrap candlesticks in twine :)