Monday, July 1, 2013

thrifty finds

I recently discovered a thrift store in my area that has been around for awhile but just moved about a minute from my house about 6 weeks ago. I went in the other day to check it out and came home with some pretty good stuff. I was looking for neutral decorative items for my mantel, the top of my kitchen cabinets, and shelves...and this is what I ended up buying~

This is probably my favorite of the things I bought. I love milk glass and I think this urn is so perfect for the top of my kitchen cabinets. I just need to find a plant to put in it and it will be going up there. It was the only thing I bought that had a price on it so I'm not sure how much I paid for the other 3 items, but since I paid $30 total I would say it was a pretty good deal!

This pitcher will probably end up getting moved eventually...

...but right now it's a simple center piece on my kitchen table on top of the mango wood place mat I bought in Costa Rica and filled with some bright, summery flowers.

I have a recipe for cinnamon syrup that has to be what they eat in heaven, and I thought this little pitcher would be a cute way to serve it.

And this little jar had a purpose from the moment I saw it.

It's full of Q-tips on a shelf I just finished painting in my guest bathroom. I'm not sure what else will go on that shelf yet so right now it's a little bare, but I think this little jar is the perfect start.

I'm so excited to have found this thrift store!

No comments: