Thursday, December 8, 2011

centerpiece update

I have been doing a lot of crafts lately, but I can't show them to you yet because they're Christmas gifts :)  So today's post is just a little update I made to my kitchen table centerpiece because I thought it needed a little something extra. I love the silver and white of the bells and the snowflakes, and even though my decorating style is fairly minimal, I felt like it was a little bit plain.

Before

I already had this fish bowl and had been trying to decide how I wanted to use it, so for now it has this cute little forest in it.
 
Just some fake snow and a package of bristle trees from Michaels (all 8 trees for $1.19 ~ not bad!). I think they're so cute!

I also bought a votive candle holder to glue to the bottom of the fish bowl to give it a base, but I dropped the bag on my way in and it broke :(  Good thing it was only $1.
I'm loving that this centerpiece is not Christmas specific so I can keep it out through January. I will change out the red after Christmas, but other than that it works all winter!

No comments: