Monday, June 10, 2013

Bathroom rehab ~ where things are now

It's been awhile since I posted an update about my bathroom, and that's because things pretty much came to a screeching halt (in there) when I went back to work after my Christmas break. But, I have done a little bit more than the last post I did about the bathroom, so here are a few pictures of where things are now.

I installed a new towel bar because the old one was very cheap plastic, and it wasn't hung straight which drove me crazy.

I bought some new towels that are so perfect. I love the light aqua color and it matches the shower curtain so well, and the swirly stuff ties in the beige of the floor and the new rug.

There wasn't anything here to hold a hand towel, so that ring is new too.

I love that paisley shower curtain and how all the colors work together.

The old toilet paper holder was also cheap plastic, so I installed a new one of those too.

Now, down to the uglier side of things. There are still things I want or need to do in there, including the most obvious ~ a new light fixture. I took the fan cover down to clean it, and you can see how far I got with that. (Sorry about the dark picture. It's hard to take a picture of a light.)

Then there's this. Looking at the pretty shower curtain you would never know that this mess is behind it. I haven't gotten around to cleaning the grout or re-calking yet, so I just close the curtain and pretend it's not there. One of these days...
I would also like to replace the floor, counter, and sink someday, but for now I'm just happy to have another functioning toilet. My goal in this bathroom was to make it cleaner, lighter, and brighter...and I think I have accomplished that so far.

No comments: