Tuesday, June 11, 2013

home tour

I live in a small 1000 square foot condo that I bought 6 years ago, and today I'm going to take you on a tour! It's just a living room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a laundry/utility room, so it won't take long.

This is what you see when you walk in the front door 
Before I moved in, I had all the carpet replaced, put tile in the kitchen, painted the living room and kitchen, and refinished the kitchen cabinets. There are a few before shots below.

To the right is the living room, and through the glass door you can see my only outdoor space ~ a tiny balcony. There's no furniture or anything out there, because it's the only place I have to paint so I need the space.
(Sorry about the dark picture. It was taken in the middle of the day, but I don't get much natural light so it's hard to get good pictures.)

The living room from another angle. I got that dresser for $20 online, sanded it down, and painted it the same off-white color as the kitchen cabinets. That's the front door you see there on the right.

This is what the living room looked like when I bought it ~ dirty old carpet, yellow walls, and awful vertical blinds.

To the left of the front door is the kitchen

Before

Six years later I still LOVE this tile. There used to be carpet under the table (why?), so this is a huge improvement!
 

Kitchen before

New tile, paint, and stained cabinets

After about 4 years with the dark cabinets I was ready for a change and painted them this off-white color (white with a little bit of the wall color mixed in). The kitchen feels so much brighter now!


I recently replaced the 20 year old appliances with these and I can't believe how long I lived with the old ones! So much better.


As you go down the hall, the first door on the right is my travel/craft room. Right now it looks like this ~
I just refinished the desk last week and the room is a complete disaster from taking out the old table that was there and bringing in the new desk. So please excuse the mess, some big changes are coming soon!

The first door on the left in the hallway is the laundry/utility room which I don't have any pictures of. It's awful and there's really nothing I can do about it, so I just keep the door closed unless I'm in there doing laundry.

The next door on the left is the guest bathroom
I recently did a lot of work in this bathroom, and it's not done yet! (Check out the horrifying before pictures here)

And finally we have the master bedroom and bathroom
(another dark picture, sorry)

The door on the left goes out to the hallway, and on the right there are closets on either side as you walk into the master bathroom.

This bathroom has also had some recent changes, and there are more coming soon.

And that's it! It's a small space, but I love it. I have put a lot of work into making it mine, and even though there is always more to do, it's home.

Linked to

2 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Great job painting the cabinets! The white looks pretty. It is very spacious for it's size, and the fireplace is a great feature!

Teresa@magazineyourhome said...

You did a wonderful job making your home just how you want it, it's so welcoming!