Monday, June 17, 2013

painted knife block

Last week I showed you this desk that I found on the side of the road and refinished.
I am so in love with that paint color (Sherwin Williams Grays Harbor) and have been thinking about other places to use it in my house. I want to paint everything with it. No paintable surface is safe.

My first victim was the knife block in my kitchen that you can see next to the fridge in this picture.

The same honey color as every knife block in every kitchen.

And here it is painted! 

It was bugging me that you can still see the original wood color in the knife slots, but once the knives are in there you can't even tell (missing a few that are in the dishwasher).




It looks brighter in this picture than it really is, but I love that I'm adding a little bit more blue to my kitchen. I bought that bowl on the right side of this picture a few years ago in Italy, and until now it has been the only blue thing in my kitchen.

It's funny how you live with something you don't like even though changing it is so simple. I never liked the color of the knife block but didn't think to paint it until recently, and once I decided what color to use it only took a few minutes to transform it. I don't know how much you can love a knife block, but I do love the added color in my kitchen!

Linked to

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the blue, it looks so nice. My knife block is not looking so good, I just need to get up the courage to paint it.

Tammy @ thecoloreddoor.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

Thanks Tammy! I love the added color in my kitchen. I say go for it with yours! It's a simple change, and you can easily change the color if you don't like it or change your mind in the future.