Thursday, January 5, 2012

button monograms

I wasn't going to do a top 10 or best of post since I just started my blog in October, but I just looked at my stats and there are 3 projects I've done that have gotten so much attention that I decided to highlight them again. Based on page views, here are your favorites of 2011:


Thanks for all of your sweet comments on these!


Now on to the button monograms. I made these for Christmas gifts and they were fun and easy, but most importantly they were very well received!

I made this one for my mom. The M is for our last name, but I guess it could be for mom too :)

A close up of some of the buttons and the pretty paper. Since the frame is fairly simple, I decided to use a variety of different buttons and ended up going with a metallic sort of look.

This one was for a friend whose first and last names start with A

Since this frame is more ornate, I decided to go with simpler buttons. You can see here that I stacked some of them to add a little bit of texture.


A frame, a piece of scrapbook paper, some buttons, and hot glue are all you need to make a personalized gift that anyone would love!

Linked to

No comments: